SHORT STORY FOR KIDS WRITTEN BY JADE MATHIESON
ILLUSTRATED BY LOUWRISA BLAAUW
DESIGNED BY BIANCA DE JONG
* THE STORY ‘WALKING TOGETHER’ WAS CREATED BY BOOK DASH AND IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION 4.0 LICENSE. MINOR FORMATTING CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE ORIGINAL WORK TO ENABLE IT TO BE READ ON OUR WEBSITE.
LET’S CHAT ABOUT THE STORIES ~ IDEAS FOR TALKING WITH KIDS
1. The little girl in the story is frightened at first to go to the doctor’s. However, her mother helps her to feel better. How does her mother do this in the story?
2. How do your parents make you feel better when you feel frightened?
3. What are some things that you do yourself when you want to be brave?
4. Why do you think it’s important to go to the doctor’s from time to time?