LET’S CHAT ABOUT THE STORIES ~ IDEAS FOR TALKING WITH KIDS
1. What animals have you noticed living around your home?
2. Do the animals around your home change their behaviour depending on the season? If so, what do they do?
1. The author in this story discovers plans to drain the pond near his house, and seeks to save the animals. Have you ever tried to make a change to something you felt was important? If so, how did you do it?
2. Why do you think it’s important to have green spaces for animals to live?
SHORT STORY FOR KIDS WRITTEN BY ASHISH KOTHARI
ILLUSTRATED BY SANGEETHA KADUR
* THE STORY ‘WILDLIFE IN A CITY POND’ WAS CREATED BY PRATHAM BOOKS AND IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION SHARE ALIKE LICENSE (CC BY SA). MINOR FORMATTING CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE ORIGINAL WORK FOR EASE OF READING ON OUR WEBSITE.